Monday 28 May 2012

Silverstone Autosolo

Sorry for the delay in posting about the Silverstone Autosolo, last week was very manic at work and with having to write a 3,300 word essay for my OU MA Course. So back to cars....

After driving the rally car to work on the previous Friday, I used the drive to/from work to adjust and set-up the handbrake, and managed to get it working perfectly, so that it had a little bit of movement and yet it worked very effectively.

However the downside of this became clear on the day, it has been ages since I have had a working and effective handbrake.... So on the first tests I was enjoying using the handbrake a bit too much and although it felt good, the times were slow. After a bit of effort to tidy things up a bit by lunch, I was lying 7th in class and behind father-in-law Andrew.

However just after lunch, saw my best man Dave Leadbetter roll his car, and although he was a little shaken and sore he escaped any real injuries luckily. However running over to see how he was and then helping clear away the damaged car seemed to play on my mind. As when I lined up to drive the third set of tests my mnd went blank even though i had read the map and walked the course.... This led to a wrong test, reversing to get the right route and a cone on that set of tests. This ruined any chance of a decent result. So on to the final set of tests, I went out with the intention of having fun and being as sideways as you can get a FWD Rover 200! This didn't help with the overall result, but was great fun. In the end I finished 34th overall & 10th in class.


Here is a video of one the more sideways tests...



No comments:

Post a Comment